Discipleship team takes a broader look at our main discipleship ministries including strong bible-centered teachings on Sundays and during midweek and other times. Along this line, we have hosted a very successful AWANA program for many years and pray by HIS grace this continues. For new members, we host Membership Discovery Class to expose potential new members to what we believe. The primary functions are described as follows:
- To lead the church to grow deeper by providing kingdom leadership in the area of discipleship. To work with and corporate with the leadership team (in the absence of a lead pastor) to enable the church to focus on the Great Commission and to equip the church to focus on the Great Commission.
- To lead members of the congregation in developing the spiritual disciplines. Administering
- To provide oversight and direction for the church's discipleship ministry, including but not limited to:
- The development of a comprehensive discipleship strategy.
- The enlistment and training of responsible discipleship leaders.
- To provide leadership in assimilating new members into the church through discipleship awareness and involvement.
- Recognize & Train teachers to teach the Bible, believing that it has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter.
- Work with the leadership team in communicating the vision for discipleship that God gives to this congregation. The members of discipleship team are expected to be servant leaders.
Missions & Outreach
- The purpose of SBC Involvement in Missions is to:
- Honor God.
- To be actively involved in working toward the fulfillment of the Great Commission (Mat 28:19-20; Acts 1:8).
- To proclaim the Gospel of Christ (John 3:16), and
- To make disciples
- To make mission a normal, regular part of congregation life, making mission both intensive and extensive.
- The missions team is responsible to facilitate all outreach partnerships outside of our local church’s programs; Hope International, FSF, BCNE, WCBA, AWANA Ministries, Hopeline and Gideon Ministries.
- The missions’ team should be looking for ways to help the leadership team understand the overriding priority of the Great Commission. The team also carries a responsibility to ensure that people pray for the world, for the lost and hurting, for mission work, for countries and nations, for persecuted believers, for leaders and workers in our community and around the world, for Stamford Baptist Church in mission and for their own commitment and involvement.
- Planning includes setting priorities and goals. Recommending and committing SBC resources equitably and fairly across the supported programs.
- Facilitate communication and accountability between the Missions Team, the church and its missionaries and the supported mission entities
- Maintain the fiscal integrity of the mission’s program.
God made us social creatures. We want to interact with other people. If a person's social life does not center around the church, he will be tempted to socialize in places with not nearly as positive an atmosphere as the church. Activities should be planned to give the members plenty of opportunities to fellowship with one another. True fellowship always includes the Father and the Son of God. If the presence of God is not real in the fellowship, it will be nothing more than a social club.
Fellowship Hour will provide beverages and light snacks after church each Sunday. Being on a team will also provide another small group connection for members and friends of Stamford Baptist Church. And, it will be a gesture of "welcoming all" for those who attend our service. The following contains the information the team will need to have a successful day of serving. Please contact Sue Calcott if you have any questions.
- Signing Up to Serve
- Who buys the food/beverages? And How are they compensated?
- Fellowship Ministry Food Guidelines
- Other Fellowship Guidelines.
Explore the Ministry, Convictions, and History of Stamford Baptist Church for the purpose of assimilating potential members. We do so by exploring:
- What Salvation is and is not
- The vision, mission and the foundational essentials of Stamford Baptist Church
- Functional Essentials of Stamford Baptist Church
- Mission Opportunities available
- The History of Stamford Baptist Church
- Exploring our Beliefs, Fellowship and Affiliation as Southern Baptists, and finally
- Our Doctrinal Integrity and Missional Commitment.
The Stewardship team consists of members such as the Treasurer, Financial Secretary and other adjunct members. Their primary functions shall consist of budget planning and other financial recommendation to the leadership team for the annual meeting.
Budget Disciplinary Requirements
- The treasurer keeps a record of all funds raised and of the way they are expended. The treasurer shall provide a detailed monthly or quarterly financial statement in writing at the annual meeting.
- It is recommended that the team select persons who shall count each offering and provide the necessary documentation of same for the financial review or audit.
- The treasurer shall be faithful in timely payment of obligations is essential. Accurate reports to the leadership team enable it to make wise business decisions.
- For persons submitting expense reports, it is required that a proper documentation (expense request) is filled out with accurate receipts with an approval from a ministry team lead.
The primary reason for the church to meet is to worship the Lord Jesus Christ. Everything we do
should come out of our worship of Christ. Motivation and Strength for ministry is the byproduct of worship. As worship leaders, we are tasked with leading our church's worship ministry toward these three all-important goals. These 3 goals can be summed up in 3 simple words: Lord, leader and laity ...
- LORD. "Magnify the LORD." Any worship ministry worth its salt will first and foremost seek to magnify the Lord to the best of its ability. Therefore, we must prioritize developing quality worship services week in and week out.
- Leader. David said, "0 magnify the Lord with me". The second purpose of worship ministry is found in the word, "me." "Me" represents those involved with the worship ministry, who are helping lead the times of praise during worship services.
- Laity. "Let us exalt His name together'. Our job is to help our congregations worship God more deeply and consistently. David didn't want to be the only one experiencing true worship of our holy God, and neither should we.
- Preserve the value of the facility for the congregation and community
- Operate the facility safely and efficiently.
- Prevent system failures that can interrupt the operations of the church and its
- Protect the larger assets of the congregation
- Create an annual maintenance plan based on the service and operating needs of
the facility and its equipment.
The Women’s Ministries focus on 3 main components:
Personal Development Ministries
Which provide opportunities for each woman to deepen her faith and develop her gifts as a disciple of Christ with prayer meetings, Bible studies and, participation in spiritual retreats. (Romans 12:2: "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good pleasing and perfect will")
Which provides opportunities for each woman to mentor younger women in the Faith and to be a role model in the Christian community. (Titus 2:3-5: Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the Word of God")
Church and Community Ministries
Which provides opportunities for each woman to serve the church community according to her gifts and as led by the Spirit of God, to build God's Faith community by developing relationships and meeting the physical and spiritual needs of others in their homes and their communities. (Ephesians 2:20: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which GOD
prepared in advance for us to do.)
2017-18 STAMFORD AWANA SCHEDULE
6:30-8:00 PM WEDNESDAY NIGHTS
STAMFORD BAPTIST CHURCH
W 20 | REGISTRATION/Police-Fire Safety Night
Sa 23 | AWANA Leaders: Kick-Off Meeting (9:00am-12:00 pm)
W 27 | Club 01
W 04 | Club 02
W 11 | Club 03
W 18 | Club 04
Sa 21 | AWANA Leaders: Annual Conference (9am-4pm)
W 25 | Club 05 BIBLE COSTUME NIGHT
W 01 | Club 06
W 08 | Club 07
W 15 | Club 08 Thanksgiving Theme
W 22 | NO CLUB
W 29 | Club 09
W 06 | Club 10
W 13 | Club 11 AWANA STORE
W 13| SBC Christmas Pageant Rehearsal (4:30pm)
W13| SBC Christmas Pageant (6:00pm) **
W 20 | Club 12 CHRISTMAS THEME
W 27 | NO CLUB
W 03 | Club 13 DOUBLE POINT NIGHT
W 10 | Club 14
Sa 13 | AWANA GRAND PRIX (3:00-5:30 pm)
W 17 | Club 15
W 24 | Club 16
W 31 | Club 17
W 07 | Club 18
W 14 | Club 19 VALENTINE NIGHT
W 21 | Club 20
W 28 | Club 21
W 07 | Club 22
W 14 | Club 23
W 21 | Club 24
W 28 | Club 25 EASTER TIME
W 04 | Club 26
W 11 | Club 27
W 18 | Club 28
W 25 | Club 29
W 02 | Club 30
W 09 | Club 31 AWANA STORE
W 16 | Club 32
W 23 | Club 33
W 30 | AWARD CEREMONY
W 06 | AWANA Leaders: DINNER & DISCUSS (6:30)
Aug 12-18 | RBGY Camp for Clubbers (entering) grades 5-12th
** Awana Clubbers: You are invited to participate in Stamford Baptist Church’s annual Christmas pageant! Only 1 rehearsal (on day before), & costumes provided. Memorable experience!